Intercept Propaganda: Death in al Ghayil (the Horror of Trump’s “Highly Successful” SEAL Raid in Yemen)
modified by Scott Creighton
[text of Iona Craig article removed by Scott. Upon further review of the article, it’s limited hangout disinformation which eventually suggests it “might have been” the Saudis who killed the only woman Iona detailed in the article and goes so far as to paint the Houthis in worse light than the invaders. She continually props up the “al Qaeda” myth throughout the article. “One resident, who asked not to be identified for fear of reprisals, stated that Mohammed al Ameri’s home was used as a guest house by passing al Qaeda militants…”. al Ameri is the family name of the one woman Iona details who died in this raid so she is implying the dead woman she starts off the article lamenting may just have been al Qaeda all along…. Ergo, she is justifying the raid and the deaths of those civilians. And by the way, she used an “unnamed source” for that quote. ಠ_ಠ Her article is total bullshit. It’s propaganda and I shouldn’t have posted it. Sorry]
[read her propaganda here]
from Press TV
The leader of Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement has warned that the US military is preparing the ground for an act of aggression against the war-torn Arab country.
In a televised speech on Thursday, Abdul Malik Badreddin al-Houthi slammed Washington’s recent missile attacks against three mobile radar sites on Yemen’s Red Sea coast, saying the nation and armed forces should stay vigilant and stand fully ready to face the invaders.
“The US is after laying the groundwork for making an invasive move against [western coastal] Hudaydah Province,” the statement said, adding, “Through this measure, the US is after building up pressure on and harassing the people of Yemen.”
“The Yemeni nation will defend its territory, freedom and independence, seeing it as its right to use any legitimate means against violent invasions,” the Houthi leader said.
[read more here]
President Obama Responded to Reports of Saudi Arabia Killing Scores of Civilians in Yemen by Launching Cruise Missiles… at Yemen
by Scott Creighton
Does anyone remember the first time President Peace Prize launched cruise missiles at Yemen? I do. He killed 23 children with those and they had to stage the Umar Fizzlepants distraction in order to keep folks from reading about the child-murdering President Obama in every paper in the country. It is said he killed those 23 kids by mistake and that his real target was US citizen Anwar al-Awlaki whom he was trying to kill because PPP didn’t like the things Anwar had to say.
“The strikes against the Houthi rebels marked the first time the United States has become involved militarily in the civil war between the Houthis, an indigenous Shiite group with loose connections to Iran, and the Yememi government, which is backed by Saudi Arabia and other Sunni nations.” New York Times
Yesterday, President Obama launched, for the “first time”, direct military aggression against the people of Yemen targeting 3 radar stations in the southern part of the country. According to the story, on Sunday and Wednesday a couple rockets were launched from the Yemen mainland “in the direction” of a US cruise missile destroyer which “fell far short” of their target but this showed there was a direct threat presented by the Yemen people against our Navy, so they had to respond by destroying their radar stations.
The Dec. 2009 cruise missile attack was not aimed at killing Anwar al-Awlaki. It was done in order to try to help the puppet regime in Yemen keep control of the country on behalf of our “national interests” and therefore, his strike yesterday was NOT the first time President Obama ordered military action in Yemen in response to the civil war taking place in that country. Not by a long shot. And let’s also keep in mind, the US is supplying and aiding the Saudis over there as they slaughter Yemen citizens at an alarming rate. So technically, all of it is our doing.
The other day Saudi Arabia bombed a funeral home killing 140 Yemen civilians. The world was shocked at the cruelty but here in the states, hardly a word was said about it. As a result of the backlash from the rest of the globe, Saudi Arabia reported that they are going to lift the blockaid of Yemen in order to allow more aid to flow into the country.
And now we bomb the radar stations.
from the Independent
More than 40 civilians have been killed in a Yemen market by Saudi-led coalition warplanes, officials have said.
According to news agency AFP, an official at a hospital run by Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said the facility had received the bodies of 41 people killed in the raids, along with 35 people who were wounded.
A health official said the casualties were civilians and included children, adding that “the toll could rise”.
“The scene was terrifying,” Showei Hamoud told Associated Press by phone from Mastaba. “Blood and body parts everywhere.” Many of the dead are children who work stalls or carry goods in return for tips, he said.
[read more here]
(Do you know who else “may” have been responsible for this? Satan. Satan, the Grinch that Stole Christmas, Vladamir Putin, Bin Ladin, “ISIS”, Jonny Depp and Eugene Debbs. Yep. They “may” have been responsible.. but odds are… they weren’t.
Don’t you love how they use language these days? So clever of them.)
from Common Dreams
The death toll from the bombing of a Yemeni wedding party on Monday has jumped to 131 people, “making it one of the deadliest attacks on civilians in Yemen’s war,” Reuters reports.
Initially reported as a “mistaken” air strike by the Saudi-led coalition, the U.S. backed group is now denying its role in the civilian tragedy as a coalition spokesperson “suggested local militias may have been responsible” for targeting the party, which included many women and children.
[read more here]