Pentagon confirms ‘multiple ground ops & 120+ strikes’ in Yemen

(Imagine that… Trump and his GLORIOUS generals killing more folks in Yemen at a faster rate than President Peace Prize. At least he hasn’t killed any American citizens there… yet)

from RT

The Pentagon has disclosed that it carried out “multiple ground operations” in Yemen this year. The confirmation sheds new light on largely covert US military activities in the region.

US forces have conducted “multiple ground operations and more than 120 strikes in 2017,” according to a statement released by US Central Command in Tampa, Florida. The US military hopes to prevent Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) and Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS) from using Yemen “as a hub for terrorist recruiting, training and base of operations to export terror worldwide,” the statement reads.

The 120 claimed strikes against targets in Yemen would mark a 3-fold increase compared to the number of airstrikes from last year…

[read more here]

‘Untold 1000s of innocent victims will die’: UN urges end of Yemen blockade

Yemen descending into total collapse as world watches: UN

Meanwhile in Saudi Arabia…

Image result for president trump bows to saudi king

from Press TV

The United Nations says impoverished Yemen is on the brink of total collapse, as the country is facing an ongoing bloody military aggression by Saudi Arabia, an emerging famine, and an outbreak of cholera.

“Crisis is not coming, it is not looming, it is here today, on our watch and ordinary people are paying the price,” said UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator Stephen O’Brien in a speech on Tuesday, addressing the UN Security Council.

“The people of Yemen are being subjected to deprivation, disease and death as the world watches,” he said, adding that the crisis is triggering “total social, economic and institutional collapse” in the Arab country…

[read more here]

ACLU Sues Trump Administration for Files on Botched SEAL Raid in Yemen

by Alex Emmons, from the Intercept

Donald Trump’s administration is trying to close the book on its first major military operation – a botched Navy SEAL raid in Yemen that turned into a village-wide massacre, killing as many as 25 people, including 10 children. But the ACLU, which made a Freedom of Information Act request in March, has just filed a lawsuit to force the government to open its files.

When the residents of al Ghayil village in central Yemen heard gunfire the night of January 29th, they returned fire, thinking that they were under attack by a local party in Yemen’s civil war. U.S. forces then strafed the village with helicopter gunfire, killing villagers, damaging a dozen buildings, and wiping out the village’s livestock.

The raid, which Trump reportedly authorized over dinner, also resulted in the death of a Navy Seal, William “Ryan” Owens, and the destruction of a $70 million Osprey helicopter. The raid did not kill its intended target — a senior al Qaeda leader — and villagers denied that Al Qaeda had a presence in the village.

President Trump has insisted the raid was “highly successful,”…

The White House took it a step further and tried to shame the raid’s critics into silence. White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer told reporters that “anyone who undermines the success of that raid owes an apology and [does] a disservice to the life of Chief Owens.” The next day, Trump tweeted that criticism from Sen. John McCain, R.-Ariz., “emboldens the enemy.”…

[read more here]

Tens of Thousands rally in Sanaa, Yemen against Saudi-led airstrikes

Intercept Propaganda: Death in al Ghayil (the Horror of Trump’s “Highly Successful” SEAL Raid in Yemen)

modified by Scott Creighton

[text of article removed by Scott. Upon further review of the article, it’s limited hangout disinformation which eventually suggests it “might have been” the Saudis who killed the only woman Iona detailed in the article and goes so far as to paint the Houthis in worse light than the invaders. She continually props up the “al Qaeda” myth throughout the article. “One resident, who asked not to be identified for fear of reprisals, stated that Mohammed al Ameri’s home was used as a guest house by passing al Qaeda militants…”. al Ameri is the family name of the one woman Iona details who died in this raid so she is implying the dead woman she starts off the article lamenting may just have been al Qaeda all along…. Ergo, she is justifying the raid and the deaths of those civilians. And by the way, she used an “unnamed source” for that quote. ಠ_ಠ  Her article is total bullshit. It’s propaganda and I shouldn’t have posted it. Sorry]

[read her propaganda here]

US preparing for invasion of Yemen’s western coast: Houthi

from Press TV

The leader of Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement has warned that the US military is preparing the ground for an act of aggression against the war-torn Arab country.

In a televised speech on Thursday, Abdul Malik Badreddin al-Houthi slammed Washington’s recent missile attacks against three mobile radar sites on Yemen’s Red Sea coast, saying the nation and armed forces should stay vigilant and stand fully ready to face the invaders.

“The US is after laying the groundwork for making an invasive move against [western coastal] Hudaydah Province,” the statement said, adding, “Through this measure, the US is after building up pressure on and harassing the people of Yemen.”

“The Yemeni nation will defend its territory, freedom and independence, seeing it as its right to use any legitimate means against violent invasions,” the Houthi leader said.

[read more here]