by Scott Creighton
UPDATE: see update at end of article
Here are a few updates on the process:
– Jill Stein went on CNN last night and spoke with CIA Mockingbird Anderson Cooper about this process. He asked her specifically why she was doing this when no one, not even J. Alex Halderman (who’s essay made up the entirety of Jill’s Wisconsin petition) said they had seen any evidence of election rigging in any of these three states. Jill said again it was all about “reassuring the voters”. She was then asked “why these three states that would flip the election results” and Stein answered saying something about there having been “irregularities” noted about them and quickly changed the subject back to “reinforcing voter confidence in the election process”. Interestingly, Cooper asked her about the money being collected and how it would be used specifically and she said that neither the Green Party or herself were in control of the money and it would be used for these effort, which begs the question that Anderson failed too ask “If you and the Green Party aren’t in control of how this money is used, who is?”. Jill Stein never offered that information.
– Jill Stein has hired the former head of the Michigan Democratic Party, Mark Brewer, to head up her legal team. Brewer is still a member of the national DNC. His wife, Julianna Smoot, “is a former White House social secretary who most recently served as deputy manager for President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign”
– Jill Stein has hired another long time Democrat Party insider, Lawrence Otter to help with her recount efforts in Pennsylvania. As it just so happens, I found this picture of Lawrence Otter’s daughter hanging out with… Hillary Clinton… on his Facebook page.
– Jill Stein’s team is going to have a tough time forcing a recount in Pennsylvania. In that state you have to provide evidence of malfeasance in order to garner a recount even if you pay the fee. She said on Sunday they were going to have to “jump through some hoops” in order to get it done.
You also have to get 3 registered voters who voted to petition each county in the state in order to get a recount. That would take hundreds of voters. So far they have a hundred or so.
In what appears to be an effort to tamp down expectations from the folks who kicked in nearly 7 million dollars for this effort, Jill Stein in a video posted on Sunday, saying the process in Pennsylvania is more difficult than it is in Wisconsin.
Making if more difficult, Pennsylvania uses electronic voting machines with no paper trail. How they are going to effectively recount that is beyond me.
– Stein’s recount project is also facing issues in Wisconsin which they have already assured the concerned public was a done deal once they filed their “the Russians did it” petition this past Friday. Turns out what they want, a comprehensive count of all paper ballots, isn’t what Wisconsin wants to give them and so Stein and company are having to go to court there as well.
” It (Wisconsin state Elections Commission) rejected the Stein campaign’s request for a statewide hand recount, instead leaving it to each county to decide whether to use a machine or not. The Stein campaign said it was filing a legal challenge to trigger an all-hand recount.”
In Wisconsin, the Stein team is going to have to plop down 3.5 million dollars to pay for the hand recount by this evening at 8pm. They have filed a lawsuit to force all counties to do a manual count of the ballots. But with no evidence of actual election rigging, chances are slim they will succeed in a court of law with nothing more than New York Times articles about “da ebil Ruskies” as evidence.
Wisconsin Elections Commission chairman Mark Thomsen says he doesn’t think there is any justification for a recount and wants counties to be able to decide for themselves if they should manually count the ballots. Mark Thomsen is a Democrat.
– All three states must finish their recounts by Dec. 13th because the EC voters meet on the 19th to cast their votes. Deadline looming, establishment Dems set by Stein to run the various recount efforts in the various states. Already Stein is walking back expectations.
Seems to me like this effort of hers is in shambles. I don’t know what they intend to “count” in Pennsylvania. The printed receipts from the electronic voting machines? How useful would that be?
UPDATE: Let me just add this comment here I left for a reader a minute ago. I do this in order to ease people’s concerns:
“It wont end in a reversal. There’s no way. With Pennsylvania a totally paper-free election state, there is nothing to recount and without Penn’s EC votes, Hillary cant win even if Mich and Wis are flipped. That’s just “rythmatick” as they say down here in the sticks where I live. So don’t worry. No guns from Trump fans needed.🙂 “
Like I said yesterday, this is about sending a message. As it turns out, Trump figured out that message and sent one of his own Sunday:
“But this is the president-elect’s position right now (not prosecuting Hillary for various crimes against the state) and I would say he has been incredibly gracious and magnanimous to Secretary Clinton at a time when for whatever reason her folks are saying they will join in a recount to try to somehow undo the 70 plus electoral votes that he beat her by. ” Trump Senior Adviser Kellyanne Conway
Trump is threatening Clinton with prosecution if she keeps pushing this process from behind the scenes (as I have been proving she is doing since day one of this process) and his threat is real. There are dems who don’t want folks recounting those ballots in the counties Clinton and other Dems won in Wisconsin and Michigan and there are Republicans who will back his victory however they can. The nuance of Kellyanne Conway’s statement is certainly not lost on the Clintons and their cronies. He’s telling her she’s compromised and he knows she’s compromised and when he controls the Justice Department, he’ll make her pay for this if she keeps it up. He’s doing what a president or a business leader should do in this situation: he’s been gracious to a point but he’s letting folks know he’s not to be trifled with or forced into making decisions he doesn’t want to make. She’s a criminal and everyone knows it and therefore she has no leverage.
Roger Stone came right out and said on Monday that if Clinton and Soros keep this up, Trump will prosecute her. Kellyanne was a bit more subtle in her statement but delivered with that wicked smile she has that tells her audience you shouldn’t fuck with her either.