(This was left as a comment. I thought it deserved to be posted. SC)
I just re-read some of the articles you list above… You have always hit the nail on the head throughout the years, haven’t you?
That said, the whole retrospective thing makes me even sadder than I already feel today. Maybe some of it is the great sense of defeat and disappointment I came to work with today after I visited Ground Zero between 6am-12pm, as I have done every year since 2002
I don’t mean to derail your articles’ subject…. Just a quick report about the state of affairs at Ground Zero on this 14th anniversary…
Number of protesters (of any stripe) has gone down to under 20
• 1 individual, who stood alone on a corner, holding up a sign that read “Nanothermite” with no commentary… No one looked at him, no one spoke to him
• 6 people with matching – and now really worn and washed out looking – “911 was an inside job” t-shirts, smoking and chatting among themselves
• 1 guy who was wearing a “Architects and Engineers” t-shirt who stood silently by himself
• A couple (a man and a woman) I have grown accustomed to seeing at these anniversaries holding multiple hand-written building 7 signs
• And a few people, like myself, who lingered around without engaging in any active protests or messaging
• No long lines of “family members” waiting to go into the memorial
• No police band, fire brigades, or any other ceremonial groups
• No TV crews besides a couple of Russian and Korean reporters
• No more commemorative 9/11 newspapers being handed out
• No more people walking around handing out small American flags and/or DVDs
• Official memorial held annually at the small St. Paul Chapel half full at best
• No more parade of flag bearing Harley Davidsons
• No more We Are Change or any other similar organized Truther groups…
• No more heated sidewalk discussions between “theorists” and opposing passers by
• An army of volunteers dispersed around the streets handing out “free” gospel bracelets,
• A group of thirty quaker ladies with their apron and bonnets singing hymns on the sidewalk
• A team of three Jehova’s Wittness sales people handing out “literature” with posters like “Does God really care?” “Can there be life after death?
Lastly, a quick something I overheard as I sat on a bench less than half a block away from 9/11 memorial (100% true to the last word)
Man1 – Why is there so many cops around?
Man2 – It is the anniversary of September 11
Happy anniversary everyone.
Filed under: Uncategorized