by Scott Creighton
Yes, Mayor “Take the GUNS!” Bloomberg is still the man with the plan and the cash to do it in New York and if you want to make it there you have to tow the Business Party line. That’s pretty obvious at this point.
But this front page from the New York Daily News goes way above and beyond the call of duty.
- Emmett Till was a 15 year-old young black kid killed in Mississippi for flirting with a white woman.
- Willy Edwards Jr. was killed by the Klan in 1957.
- James Chaney was the young black man who was killed along with two white friends back in 1964 in what is now referred to as the Mississippi Burning case. I guess the Daily News doesn’t think Andrew Goodman, 20, and Michael Schwerner, 24 deserved a mention because they were white.
- Michael Donald was killed by the Klan in 1981 in what has been recorded as the last lynching in the country.
- Michael Griffith and Yusef Hawkins were both killed by angry mobs in New York City back in the 90s.
- James Byrd Jr. was dragged behind a truck in 1998 til he died.
And now Trayvon Martin’s name has been added to that list? Comparing Trayvon to Emmitt Till and James Chaney?
You have got to be kidding me.
There is ABSOLUTELY no evidence that this shooting was racial in any way. NONE.
In fact, a new article put out by CBS Tampa Bay has a video of George Zimmerman at a town hall type meeting just prior to the shooting calling out the Sanford police department for covering up the racially charged beating of a black homeless man. Zimmerman was speaking out on behalf of the homeless man against the Sanford police department that he had wanted to work for essentially sacrificing that career objective to do the right thing.
And try as they might to frame George for making racial comments on the 911 call before the incident, turns out the only one using racists slurs was Trayvon! Oh, but calling white people “cracker” isn’t racist, is it?
For a newspaper to attempt to lump this incident in with these classic examples of racially motivated hate crimes should be illegal. The Daily News is DELIBERATELY INCITING people to violent acts …
… quite literally yelling “FIRE!” in a crowded theater.
Someone should sue the Daily News for this. Immediately. Their business license should be pulled at the very least.
My situation is becoming dire and I need your help.
The current donation drive has resulted in a few responses for which I am thankful but not enough to keep up and running
Please help keep AE online
You can use the DONATION button on the right side of the page
or you can contact me directly for my snail mail address at
Your help is very much appreciated and desperately needed.
Thank you, scott creighton