by Scott Creighton
Looks like Obama™ has forgotten this quote from Martin Luther King, Jr. (ironically penned in his Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963)
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” MLK
The Obama administration has taken yet another legal position of continuing the illegal and immoral policies of the Bush/Cheney regime. No “Change” here, folks.
The Obama administration, siding with the Bush White House, contended Friday that detainees in Afghanistan have no constitutional rights.
In a two-sentence court filing, the Justice Department said it agreed that detainees at Bagram Airfield cannot use U.S. courts to challenge their detention. The filing shocked human rights attorneys. AP
But what he won’t forget, if we can at all help it, is this one…
“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.“ MLK
“Change“? Oh, come on now. We can quit with that little charade now, can’t we?
Obama™ ; Change you can “Believe In”. Like a talking snake or intelligent design… you can believe in it, if you wish too…
* leave 80,000 troops, thousands of private contractors, and 17 permanent bases in Iraq;
* send 30,000 more troops into Afghanistan, leading to more killings of civilians;
* keep sending robot drones over Pakistan, killing more civilians;
* deploy nuclear carriers with enough firepower to annihilate any country in the Mideast;
* support the Israeli siege on Gaza;
* keep in place the “secret rendition” program which Bush used to torture detainees;
* keep the government spying on citizens and continue Bush’s “state secrets” justification;
* increase the U.S. military by 92,000 troops, sending more to die for empire;
* refuse to investigate & prosecute the war and torture crimes of the Bush regime.
Take part in the first protest action against the Obama regime.
cus it ain’t going to get better by itself folks…
SATURDAY March 21 at the Pentagon.
And now we can add to the list above, “Obama’s Guantanamo“…
Less than a month after signing an executive order to close the Guantanamo Bay prison camp, President Barack Obama has quietly agreed to keep denying the right to trial to hundreds more terror suspects held at a makeshift camp in Afghanistan that human rights lawyers have dubbed “Obama’s Guantanamo”. Independent
Filed under: fake war on terror, Fuck Obama, get to know a sellout, Neocons = Neolibs, Obama™ | Tagged: Bagram Prison, Barack O'Bush, Fuck Obama, Neocons = Neolibs, Obama wrong on Afghanistan, Protest at the Pentagon, World Can't Wait | Leave a Comment »