by Scott Creighton
You don’t need conspiracy theorists. Just take the Feds at their word and you’ll see it.
UPDATE: Uh oh! Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick hasn’t been updated on the new narrative and repeats the old “there are videos but I haven’t seen them” story on NBC.
“Surveillance video from the Boston Marathon attack shows one suspect dropping his backpack and calmly walking away from it before the bomb inside it exploded, Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said Sunday.
The video clearly puts 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev at the scene of the attack, Patrick said on NBC.
“It does seem to be pretty clear that this suspect took the backpack off, put it down, did not react when the first explosion went off and then moved away from the backpack in time for the second explosion,” Patrick said. “It’s pretty clear about his involvement and pretty chilling, frankly.”
He added, however, that he hasn’t viewed all the tapes but had been briefed by law enforcement about them.” AP April 21st
ಠ_ಠ According to the Gov. they’re “pretty chilling videos”… that he hasn’t seen. ಠ_ಠ
So, now when these videos don’t show up, can the good Gov. be impeached?
Yesterday I wrote about how it was that the FBI came to produce the fuzzy images of Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev which they produced to the public with great fanfare on Thursday at 5pm. I wrote that it was certainly odd that they claimed not to know who the boys were since they had already had extensive ONGOING contact with them over the past two years and they must certainly be in their databases which would be searched first after an incident like this. Hell, they live in the area for Christ’s sake. They would have been FIRST on their “to checkout” list. The local FBI agents would have been the ones who handled their case and they would have also been the agents in charge of this investigation.
So why did they have to ask us to identify the Tsarnaev brothers? And what’s more… what put them on the FBI’s radar in the first place?
Today the Washington Post has cobbled together the new official story which focuses nearly entirely on that specific problem because it’s a big, big problem. The FBI has been caught in a lie. And when you lie about the investigation of a deadly terrorist plot after 10 years of CREATING terrorists plots, people get a little upset. And rightly so.
What follows is my evaluation of their new “official story”. It’s a story that whitewashes the FBI’s failure to identify their own suspects. It’s a story that admits they put out the call for help in order to distract the unofficial investigation that was turning up remarkable leads. It’s a story that completely forgets the most crucial parts of their original lie and that is:
- the video they claimed they had of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev planting the bomb which they say is what brought them to their attention in the first place.
- the video of the two brothers standing around watching the carnage and then slowly walking away.
The new narrative erases these all important videos from the history of the FBI investigation. Without these two videos, the FBI has no reason to suspect those two young men any more than the other 1,000 people in the pictures with backpacks.
Then factor in they lied about not knowing who these two were and how much contact they had with them prior to the bombing and what your left with is a damning indictment of the FBI.
For several days an unofficial manhunt was underway with thousands on online sleuths pouring over every available image of the race looking for suspicious characters. The feds themselves fed deliberate misinfo to various MSM outlets, implicating the wrong people like the two high school runners who were called “The Bag Men” by a New York paper and of course the now infamous Saudi national.
“Investigators probing the deadly Boston Marathon bombings are circulating photos of two men spotted chatting near the packed finish line, The Post has learned.
In the photos being distributed by law-enforcement officials among themselves, one of the men is carrying a blue duffel bag. The other is wearing a black backpack in the first photo, taken at 10:53 a.m., but it is not visible in the second, taken at 12:30 p.m.” New York Post
Contrary to what a new Washington Post article claims, these false leads didn’t come from the unofficial investigation but rather from “law enforcement insiders” tipping off the major publications like the Times and CNN. They were deliberately given false leads which left the papers with egg on their faces and the netizen investigators chasing down ghosts in blind allies.
But suddenly on Thursday the FBI announced they needed our help to find two guys who came to their attention via two unreleased videos which not only put them on the scene before and after the attacks, but also showed one of them, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, actually planting the bomb.
“Other footage, still unreleased, shows that the two suspects stayed at the scene to watch the carnage unfold, a federal law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation told CNN’s Susan Candiotti.”
“When the bombs blow up, when most people are running away and victims were lying on the ground, the two suspects walk away pretty casually,” said the official, who has seen the unreleased video. “They acted differently than everyone else.”
“While video of at least one suspect planting the bomb exists, the FBI had chosen not to release it, according to the official. One reason, according to the official, is that were the media to repeatedly show the suspects leaving the bomb, it might cause some people to overreact if they came into contact with them.” CNN
These two videos are crucial because they are supposedly what put the Tsarnaev brothers on the FBI’s radar in the first place.
Many people, myself included, immediately wondered about why the FBI would claim to have these videos and then not release them to aid the public in identifying the suspects. It made no sense and the claim above from CNN is insultingly stupid.
Turns out there was a reason they didn’t release the videos, they didn’t exist.
As the Washington Post drops the story of the incriminating videos down the memory hole, their new effort published yesterday tries to fill the void as best it can. It is four pages of covering tracks and literally nothing else.
“How federal and local investigators sifted through that ocean of evidence and focused their search on two immigrant brothers is a story of advanced technology and old-fashioned citizen cooperation. It is an object lesson in how hard it is to separate the meaningful from the noise in a world awash with information.” Washington Post
Forget the first story from law enforcement officials that there were two videos which put the brothers there, watching the carnage and planting the bomb. That story is no more…
Now the official story is the guy in the wheel chair, as popular and sympathetic a character as he is, is the one who fingered the brothers while drugged to the gills in a hospital bed.
“While the analysts combed through videos frame by frame, a more traditional tip was developing two miles away at Boston Medical Center. Jeffrey Bauman, groggy from anesthesia, his legs just removed at the knee, managed to eke out a request for pen and paper.
In the intensive-care ward, Bauman, who had been near the finish line to see his girlfriend complete Monday’s race, wrote words that would help lead to quick resolution of the bombing that killed three and injured 176 others: “Bag. Saw the guy, looked right at me.”” Washington Post
And there you have it. “Bag. Saw guy. Looked right at me”. Of course, once the FBI got wind of this, it was clear the Tsarnaev brothers did it.
As I pointed out before, the claim that the brothers stood around and watched the carnage and then calmly strolled away is a direct lie. Not just the simple lie that the FBI has a video of it. That’s not the only lie. The OTHER lie is that there is a photo of at least one of the brothers, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, running away like everyone else while there is still smoke in the air from the bomb going off. In fact, he’s kinda leading the pack if you want to be honest about it. But he’s definitely not lingering around enjoying the carnage like the federal law enforcement official “with knowledge of the investigation” told CNN’s Susan Candiotti. And the proof of that is right here:
So there were no videos like the officials claimed and they had no images of the brothers either planting bombs or standing around watching the carnage. All of that was a lie. There is no way of understanding what really brought the brothers to the attention of the FBI.
So why did they hold the “presser” and release the images they magically got of the guys who ended up having been on their radar for years? According to the new narrative, they did it to subvert the unofficial investigation. Their own words…
“In addition to being almost universally wrong, the theories developed via social media complicated the official investigation, according to law enforcement officials. Those officials said Saturday that the decision on Thursday to release photos of the two men in baseball caps was meant in part to limit the damage being done to people who were wrongly being targeted as suspects in the news media and on the Internet.” Washington Post
Uh… I thought we just addressed the fact that the two high school runners were wrongly identified by law enforcement officials. So why would this new narrative try to blame that on the unofficial investigators? And if the online investigation was so wildly inaccurate and out of control, why ask for our help?
“That decision, which appeared to be a straightforward request for the public’s help in identifying the two men, turns out to have been a tactic with several purposes.” Washington Post
You’re goddamned right it was a “tactic”… they already knew the names of the Tsarnaev brothers. There was no video of the guys doing jack shit except standing around in front of a restaurant waiting for the FBI’s confidential informant to show up.
It was a tactic to keep the online investigation from continuing to look for the real perps of this mass casualty event.
“At the news conference, FBI Special Agent in Charge Richard DesLauriers sternly asked the public to view only its pictures or risk creating “undue work for vital law enforcement resources.” Washington Post
It was a tactic to create a narrative as to why they were about to submit an entire city to martial law.
The Washington Post’s retooling of the official story then does deal a little bit with the absurd contention that the FBI was unable to identify two local guys who had been investigated and contacted by them not all that long ago. They claim that even though the brothers were in their data bases and the DMV, the facial recognition system they had failed to flag recognize them.
Uh, the local agents who had been in contact with them for a while didn’t either?
“Davis said he was told that facial-recognition software did not identify the men in the ball caps. The technology came up empty even though both Tsarnaevs’ images exist in official databases: Dzhokhar had a Massachusetts driver’s license; the brothers had legally immigrated; and Tamerlan had been the subject of some FBI investigation.”
The brothers’ mother, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, told Russia Today television on Friday that Tamerlan “got involved in religious politics five years ago.” She said FBI agents had been watching her son for “three to five years. They knew what my son was doing. . . . They used to tell me that he was really a serious leader and they are afraid of him.” Washington Post
The FBI field office from the area had been in direct contact with the brothers for years. It’s confirmed by the FBI, the mother and the uncle who called them “losers”
Remarkably, as soon as the Washington Post writes this in the article, they just drop it completely as if it didn’t happen. It doesn’t even occur to the writer of the article that aside from what the facial recognition software does or doesn’t do, these kids were local and had a great deal of contact with the local field office of the FBI… how the hell did they not recognize them?
Especially after the feds admit they had an ulterior motive for releasing the images on Thursday, the MSM reporters and papers like the Washington Post should have immediately smelled a rat. They knew these kids, they probably had a CI working them. And how they show up as John Doe # 1 and 2 and the Feds pretend not to know who they are? They lie about how they noticed them in the first place and then pretend like that lie never happened? They deliberately fed misinformation to the MSM and then admittedly misdirected even the unofficial online sleuths?
What you are looking at here is not shotty work or the “fog of war” as they like to put it when stories like these are exposed for what they are. This isn’t some bureaucrat covering his ass to protect his pension…
… this is systemic dishonesty and manipulation coming from the leading law enforcement agency in the country.
Ask yourself this: why hasn’t someone been held accountable for the failure to protect those citizens?
The FBI, by their own account, let “terrorists” slip from between their fingers and kill 4 people including a child and a cop, maiming many many others in the process.
Then they had to go on television and ask 4Chan and Reddit for help with figuring out who the two guys who were known to the FBI were?
And they lied about videos they didn’t have?
And now the Washington Post has to step in and try to make it all seem kosher?
Holy shit! You wanna talk about embarrassing to the Justice Department? Do you think you would lose your job if you screwed up like that? Do you think charges of CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE might be in order?
I mean that’s going on the “as if” theory that their suspects did it. And that’s the BEST CASE SCENARIO for them.
I know this sounds like a rant at this point…. AND IT SHOULD. They put an entire city under martial law for a kid, a19 year old KID they KNEW IN THE FIRST PLACE and LIED ABOUT.
Yes, it is a rant. The Washington Post should be ranting along with me. EVERYONE should be ranting along with me. This is unacceptable. The fact that no one looses their job over this is unacceptable. The fact that we sit back and let them get away with this is unacceptable.
But as predicted, the videos are down the memory hole. No reason to suspect those guys except for the now painfully obivious fact that they were there to be suspected in the first place and the liars at the FBI can suck up to the complicit media all they want but until they buy enough congressmen and get CISPA passed thru our own Vichy capital, we unofficial investigators are going to continue pointing out their lies, their crimes and their complicity.
So thank you Washington Post. Thank you for proving my point. Thank you for showing us all that the official story of the Boston bombing has always been a lie and will always continue to be a lie.