(Some people present the demonstrators as if they were all Occupy movement members. That is not correct. The following are but a few of the member organizations who support this effort and will be in Tampa for the demonstration. There are many others:
- Occupy Wall Street
- Iraq Veterans Against the War
- Veterans for Peace
- Industrial Workers of the World – Gainesville Area General Membership Branch
- Vietnam Veterans Against The War/Old School Sappers
This is not an Occupy action and it is certainly not a Black Bloc project.)
To Law Enforcement
Those who come to demonstrate at the RNC do not come to confront you.
They come to confront:
- those who give you your orders, our Elected Officials.
- those who give them their orders, the Power Elite.
We, police officers and protesters alike, should be standing together to remind our government that they work for us, the people. That it is WE THE PEOPLE who elect them, and we who give them their orders.
You have been told that we are coming to commit acts of violence and destruction. We are not.
We utilize peaceful means to promote peaceful ends and to stand up for justice…social, economic and environmental justice.
You have been told that we are coming to fight the police. We are not.
[read the rest, here]
OPN interview with Retired Police Captain, Ray Lewis